Overseas born, locally qualified but struggling to get your first job? Need to improve your interview skills? Looking for the experience and knowledge to secure your first role in Australia?
Then the Professional Year could be right for you!
Professional Year (PY) Programs are gazetted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to address Australia’s skills shortage through enhancing the employability of recent international graduates in specific professions.
The Professional Year course integrates specialised business communication and business culture training with career skills development. It includes an invaluable internship within the student’s nominated profession, allowing them to develop relevant Australian work experience.
Upon completion of the Professional Year Program, qualifying candidates may also be eligible to receive points towards their permanent residency under the Skilled Migration pathway.
Performance Education is one of the leading accredited Professional Year providers of Professional Year courses in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
To date, Performance Education has enrolled over 6,000 students in its Professional Year programs in Accounting and IT.
Our Professional Year courses have been developed using the expertise and real world experience of language teachers, business managers and career management experts. Tuition is practical, interactive and demanding. The Professional Year program is designed to ensure that participants develop rapidly and gain all the skills and knowledge needed to kick start their careers in Australia.
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) IT Professional Year Program
- Accounting (SMIPA) Professional Year Program
Why Choose Us for Your Professional Year?
At Performance Education we understand the importance of choosing the right provider for your Professional Year course. As a leading national provider of the SMIPA (Accounting) Professional Year course and ACS (IT) Professional Year course in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide over 6,000 students have chosen Performance Education for our outstanding reputation for quality, highly trusted experience and real graduate outcomes.
Outstanding Employment Outcomes*
- Our focus is on equipping Professional Year students with the right skills and experience to gain employment in their nominated fields.
- 94% of our graduates have employment 6 months after graduation
- 62% of our graduates are working in Accounting or IT
- 88% of our graduates found the Professional Year program made a difference in securing a job
- 46% of our graduates were offered employment by their host company following their internship